[tremor] Minimum hardware requirements

Segher Boessenkool segher at koffie.nl
Wed Jan 29 21:16:32 PST 2003

Johnny Egeland wrote:

> - Minimum amount of RAM needed for decoding (excluding anything that can be
> stored in static lookup tables).

DRAM?  Just get 4MB or so, dram is cheap.

> - Minimum speed of DSP (Any experience from earlier tests will help).

Tremor is not a dsp codec, it's meant to be run on an Arm v4 or such.
40 MHz should be fine, if you have fast ram, and depending on what
other chores the cpu has to do.

> - Minimum amount of program memory (ROM) needed to hold the decoder
> (estimates are fine). I'm most interested in knowing the size of only the
> decoding part of Tremor.

Minimum?  16kB or so.  But then again, flash is cheap, too, so just get
128kB or more.

> If anyone can tell me what source files in Tremor that actually do the
> decoding that would also be nice.

All of-em, I believe.