[theora] NHW Project - compressibility of the .nhw files

Raphael Canut nhwcodec at gmail.com
Sun Sep 30 21:01:09 UTC 2018

 Hello,

I have just tested to compress the .nhw compressed files with paq8px_v167!
And paq8px_v167 is a great compressor!!! I thought we could save 1.5KB-2KB
in average per .nhw compressed file, and in fact with paq8px_v167, we can
save 2.3KB-2.4KB in average!!!

On a .nhw file that is 15KB at -l9 very high compression quality setting,
2.4KB saving represents 16% less space! Great!

So now if you want to know the compressibility of a .nhw file, you can use
paq8px_v167 to have a very good idea!

Cheers,
Raphael