[theora] NHW Project - some update

Raphael Canut nhwcodec at gmail.com
Thu Jul 19 05:10:18 UTC 2018

Hello Spork!

As your answer is highly interesting, I wanted to share it with the Theora
community (hope you don't mind).

You're right I should format the code properly, write more separated
functions, make it a library,... short, turn it into something
professional...

It's a lot of work, and I wanted to finish the codec (very high
compression) first... But any help is very welcome!

> I still see your codec being successful, especially in the electrical
engineering field, where system resources are limited.

Really thank you so much for your encouragements!!! But how can I convince
a company of it? I even suspect that companies don't even know that the NHW
Project exists, seeing the so few visits I have on my sites... There's also
that "the problem" is global now, a codec to become successful must also be
supported by web browsers, and I feel that clearly the giants of the
Internet are not interested in the NHW Project... How can I change that?
Would it take 2-3 years or more? Any opinion is really very welcome.

Many thanks again for your answer and for your precious time Spork!!!
Cheers,
Raphael