[theora] NHW Project - new -l12 very high compression quality setting

Raphael Canut nhwcodec at gmail.com
Tue Dec 4 12:52:48 UTC 2018

 Hello,

I have just released a new -l12 very high compression quality setting for
the NHW Project.

This new -l12 very high compression quality setting is very competitive
with x265 (HEVC) because it has more neatness, and I find it visually more
pleasant.

More at: http://nhwcodec.blogspot.com/

We can also still save 2.5KB in average per .nhw file, and maybe we can
save more... Because I base that number on the paq8px compressor, when I
compress the .nhw files with paq8px I can save in average 2.5KB per .nhw
file, but this is with the general compression and maybe we can save more
with specialized compression?...

I would be also interested to have your opinion if you think there is a
place for another codec beside AOM AV1 and MPEG HEVC,VVC? Or definitely not?

Many thanks!
Cheers,
Raphael