[theora] NHW Project - How to find a sponsor?

Raphael Canut nhwcodec at gmail.com
Mon Dec 3 17:16:47 UTC 2018

Hello,

I am still working on very high compression for the NHW Project, but I find
the current version good, it has a good neatness of image, which I find
visually more pleasant than other codecs that are optimizing for PSNR,
SSIM,... Furthermore the NHW Project is still very fast and royalty-free.

I dedicated this past year to the NHW Project and I could make very good
improvements (like quality improvements, adding of high and very high
compression, Linux version, NHW neatness metrics, image study and
comparison with x265 (HEVC),....).But now after this year, I need to go
back to paid job, and I have huge difficulties to find one as my resume is
very bad (no one gives value to the NHW Project, which is a work that was
made at home....), and so I would like to find a sponsor for the NHW
Project?

Does Xiph would have advice for the NHW Project? Monty, what would be your
advice to find a sponsor? For example one of my very first task if I find a
sponsor will be to adapt the NHW Project to any size of image.

Or for now the industry is focusing on AOMedia AV1 and MPEG HEVC,VVC and
there is no place, ressource for another codec?

Again if you would have advice to find a sponsor now that the NHW Project
is good, do not hesitate to contact me.

Many thanks!
Cheers,
Raphael