[theora] NHW Project - quality improvement for -l4,-l5 settings

Raphael Canut nhwcodec at gmail.com
Mon Apr 16 19:39:42 UTC 2018

Hello,

I have improved quality for -l4 and -l5 high compression settings.These
settings are now really better and very competitive, I now prefer them
compared to x265 (HEVC).

Update at: http://nhwcodec.blogspot.com/

I am also working on -l6 quality setting, I can simply increase
quantization for it but I am not totally satisfied with this solution for
now... Looking for more advanced processing at these compression ratios,
like an efficient denoising, as do HEVC, AOM AV1,...

Cheers,
Raphael