[theora] NHW Project - AOM AV1 comparison

Raphael Canut nhwcodec at gmail.com
Mon Oct 2 16:45:54 UTC 2017

Hello,

Just a very quick message.

I have seen the results of the last version of AOM AV1 on this page:
http://wyohknott.github.io/image-formats-comparison/ , and AOM AV1 is now
exceptional! -What I also like is that it has a good neatness-.The NHW
Project can not compete.The only advantage of the NHW Project is that it is
ultra fast, ultra low-power consumption (and at mid compression, I find
that it is globally on par with x265, sometimes more neatness is better,
sometimes it's more precision that is better).

Do you think the mobile devices market can be interested in the NHW
Project? I ask for it as I was considering working full-time now on the NHW
Project but the last version of AOM AV1 has calm me down.

Any comment welcome.

Many thanks!
Raphael