[theora] how to specify more than one LDLFAGS

Ralph Giles giles at thaumas.net
Mon May 5 09:58:35 PDT 2014

On 2014-05-05 1:20 AM, YIRAN LI wrote:
> Hi friends,
>
> I'm build libtheora on MingW W64 and want to get rid of the dependency
> on libgcc_s_sjlj-1.dll. I tried to use LDFLAGS=-static-libgcc but seems
> it doesn't work.
>
> Someone told me I should use  -static-libgcc -static-libstdc++, but I
> don't know how to set it. Should I use
> ./configure LDFLAGS="-static-libgcc -static-libstdc++"
> or
> ./configure LDFLAGS=-static-libgcc LDFLAGS= -static-libstdc++

You must do the former. If you pass the same variable multiple times the
last definition overrides the earlier ones.

That said, I wouldn't expect -static-libstdc++ to help, unless you're
building theora as part of a C++ application. The codec library is
entirely in C, no C++.

I can't find documenation for a -static-libc option in the GCC or GNU ld
manuals, although it is mentioned in a stack overflow post. Maybe it
doesn't work because your compiler doesn't support it? Have you tried
just 'LDFLAGS=-static' ?

 -r