[theora] metadata in video file for distribution in HTML5?

Ralph Giles giles at thaumas.net
Wed Sep 29 06:29:11 PDT 2010

2010/9/29 Jiří Navrátil <jiri at navratil.cz>:

> I have the video files already converted and I wish to add some metadata to
> video file (and propably to HTML5 page too?)
> I'm thinking about
> year, copyright, author, name, description
> What is your recommendation about tags I shall use?
> Which tool I can use to add these tags to existing Ogg file?

You can use oggz-comment, part of the liboggz package to add metadata
to Ogg Theora files. The tags are the same as for vorbis audio files:

TITLE=Name or title of the video
AUTHOR=Who's speaking
DATE=2010-09-18
COPYRIGHT=Copyright 2010 Copyright Holder
LICENSE=http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/
DESCRIPTION=Brief description or abstract goes here...

Hope that helps, and thanks for supporting free formats.

 -r