[theora] Cortado status controls in IE6

ogg.k.ogg.k at googlemail.com ogg.k.ogg.k at googlemail.com
Thu Oct 14 16:03:50 PDT 2010

> Here is one interesting warning (and preceding two lines)
> [INFO] build info: Built on 2010-03-19 18:48:28 GMT (version 0.6.0) in
> stripped mode.
> [INFO] revision: $Revision$
> [WARN] Found MS JVM, disable seeking.

Interesting, I found a comment before this code saying:
        /* FIXME, HTTP Range returns 206, which HTTPConnection on MS JVM thinks
         * is a fatal error. Disable seeking for now. */
A bit of searching finds:
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t131872-urlconnections-under-ms-jvm-cant-handle-http-206-a.html

So it looks like at least some of the MS JVMs will not be able to do
range requests, and this is how seeking is done (eg, requests a
particular section of the video).
It might be possible that newer versions of the MS JVMs have fixed
that bug, and that we could relax that check.

> And here is a stack trace with surrounding lines:

That one's fine, the failure is handled properly.