[theora] Cortado status controls in IE6

informatique Mille babords informatique at millebabords.org
Thu Oct 14 01:15:11 PDT 2010

Hi

2010/10/14 Gregory Maxwell <gmaxwell at gmail.com>

> There is, however, an even better targeted solution.  The Ogg
> directshow plugins include an activex implementation of the video tag.
> It needs some slightly special markup to activate it.  It's still very
> new and feature complete but it has been advancing at a reasonable
> pace.  There is an older announcement for it here:
> http://cristianadam.blogspot.com/2010/02/ie-tag-take-two.html  (but it
> has since advanced, and now has controls and such).

You're right, I could have talked about it. I've been following the dev of
this plugin and the work that has been done is amazing. However I stopped
seeing it as a solution for my viewers as using WMP in "object mode" is a
nightmare with codecs, and for now I couldn't make the ActiveX HTML5 element
working and it's still alpha if I'm right.

However, if it was a robust solution , I would definitly choose it for
videos only websites.

--
http://millebabords.org