[theora] VP8

Tom O'Reilly TOreilly at mpegla.com
Mon May 24 07:04:56 PDT 2010

Dear Mr. Johnson,

Thanks for sharing your additional opinion with us.  Although the
patents in our portfolios are the product of significant research and
development efforts, it is not MPEG LA's decision to determine which
patents are granted.  That is a decision made by patent offices in each
jurisdiction.  MPEG LA simply addresses the market of patents as it
exists by providing a service that brings together patent owners and
users so that technical innovations can be made widely available at a
reasonable price.

Best regards,

Tom O'Reilly
Manager, Research and Public Relations