[theora] DRM for Theora over RTP

xiphmont at xiph.org xiphmont at xiph.org
Tue May 25 14:10:42 PDT 2010

On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 9:41 AM, fboehm <fboehm at aon.at> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> are there any open source DRM implementations for protecting Theora
> streams over RTP?

Jason-- I don't think he means 'DRM' exactly.  I think he's more
interested in a private encrypted stream.

Franz-- We don't generally track DRM, as it's usually used to try to
control download and that application is demonstrably impossible.  It
can only work for as long as the control mechanism remains obfuscated,
and open source naturally lays all mechanisms bare for ispection.

Athentication, privacy and watermarking are obviously all possible
though... perhaps you should clarify what you're trying to do?

Monty