[theora] Oggcodecs release 0.83.17220

informatique Mille babords informatique at millebabords.org
Mon May 17 02:20:31 PDT 2010

Hello cristian.

Congrats for this new release of dsShow filters. this could be a great
alternative to cortado as a <video> fallback.

However, for a long time I tried To use it for playing distant http files.
it seems sometimes to fail and other times it starts after a long time, like
it was downloading the whole file before playing it.

Here is two exemple file I try to play :

http://www.millebabords.org/video/HD_1900_marseille_jtregional_160110.ogv

http://www.millebabords.org/video/npaMBPart1.ogg

I only tried on my XPSP2/WMP11 machine which is using a squid http proxy to
connect to the net (Set directly in WMP network settings)

I plan to open a bug on xiph bugtracker, but at first sight , did you (and
people on this list)  experience such problems with New version of oggdsf?

I confirm that with native wmv files this problem does not occur.

--
web perso : http://memeteau.com