[theora] Cannot connect matroska splitter to theora encoder

Cristian Adam cristian.adam at gmail.com
Tue May 11 15:26:04 PDT 2010

On 14/04/2010 11:20, ZEDER Mathieu BU IT&L at bs wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I face a problem trying to encode a mkv file into theora using
> directshow filters
>
> I have a mkv file containing only video encoded in YUY2.
>
> [...]
>
> The graph I try to create looks like :
>
> fileReader -> Matroska Splitter -> theoraEncoder.
>
> When I try to connect theora Encoder to the Matroska splitter the
> ConnectDirect() method returns an error Code (0x80040207) which is
> interpreted as
>
> “There is no common media type between theses two pins”
>
> And here is the issue : My guess is there should be a common media type.
>
> When I inspect the different media type the matroska splitter can
> return (using the EnumMediaTypes method of the pins) I can see :

Hi,

I just successfully created an ogv file using GraphStudio
(http://blog.monogram.sk/janos/tools/monogram-graphstudio/),
Mike Wasson's Video Test Source
(http://blogs.msdn.com/mikewasson/archive/2008/04/21/video-test-source-filter.aspx),
configured to output YUY2 data, and Theora Encoder 0.82.

Theora Encoder should accept connections as:
MEDIATYPE_Video, MEDIASUBTYPE_YUY2, FORMAT_VideoInfo2 or
MEDIATYPE_Video, MEDIASUBTYPE_YUY2, FORMAT_VideoInfo.

You should try to build the same DirectShow graph using GraphStudio.
GraphStudio can display the media types
of the pins, which is very useful.

Have you tried using IGraphBuilder::Connect instead of
IFilterGraph::ConnectDirect? it doesn't require to specify a
media type, and it should just work.

Cheers,
Cristian.