[theora] Why Our Civilization's Video Art and Culture is Threatened by the MPEG-LA

Andrey Filippov theora at elphel.com
Wed May 5 08:40:53 PDT 2010

On Wed, May 5, 2010 at 9:31 AM, ogg.k.ogg. wrote:

> If you can have a second pass over the data, you could first write the ogg
> stream without the checksums (eg, set to 0), then have a second background
> pass to read pages and compute the checksum. The main encoding
> thread/process can therefore go ahead unhindered. The drawback is an invalid
> Ogg stream until the second pass has been performed.

Yes, it is possible, but now it would be only one of the steps to make this
method work for a different application than it was designed for. As a must
we need to encapsulate Bayer pixels , not the yuv data.

 I was just trying to emphasize that camera encoder requirements are
different from those of the one for the streaming.

Andrey