[theora] theora video plugin ? videolan plugin?

Twisted Lincoln, Inc. forum at twistedlincoln.com
Sat Mar 27 14:08:56 PDT 2010

I'd be very interested in knowing if there is a way to easily remove
support for patent encumbered codecs in FFMPEG (and by extension, VLC).
I've been trying to manually remove the codecs one at a time, but there
are so many it's taking forever...

My plan is to eventually maintain a free format only fork of FFMPEG to
use as the basis of creating legally distributable variants of the
various FFMPEG powered projects (like VLC).

Has anyone else looked into this?

Tony Lovasco
Twisted Lincoln, Inc.
www.twistedlincoln.com