[theora] SOC 2010

Chris Pearce chris at pearce.org.nz
Tue Mar 9 12:39:09 PST 2010

OggIndex migration sounds like a good project; getting patches into
existing open source players to support the new ogg index. I'd be happy
to provide technical mentoring for this.

Another idea would be to integrate the patches which Mozilla has applied
to liboggz and liboggplay into the main libogg{z,play} repositories,
though that's not a big job. Perhaps that could form part of a larger
project to continue to improve libogg{z,play}? We talked about
refactoring liboggplay at FOMS2010, maybe that could be part of this
project idea?

More work on the seek-rewrite branch would also go down well; the
seeking story in Ogg is still painful. Making liboggz 64bit safe
(particularly on Windows, the largest target software market) would be nice.

Chris P.