[theora] Multi-audio in OGV?

ogg.k.ogg.k at googlemail.com ogg.k.ogg.k at googlemail.com
Fri Jun 25 10:34:37 PDT 2010

> I was wondering if OGV supports multi-audio tracks, howto create such
> files, and if the audio track choice is implemented in Chrome/Firefox.

Ogg does support multiple audio tracks. ffmpeg2theora does not.
Your best bet is to do as many encodes as there are languages, with only one
of them including the video, then merge the results.
First command is what you already use.
Second to last commands add --novideo and --audiostream N (N going
through the different audio tracks found by ffmpeg).
Then you end up with a track per language, with the first one also
containing the video.
You can then merge these using oggz-merge, from liboggz, eg:
oggz-merge -o final.ogv first-with-video.ogv language-only-*.ogv

Or you could try looking for other converters with use libogg,
libvorbis, and libtheora (eg, not ffmpeg based encoders, though ffmpeg
based decoders are OK).

Though maybe the EP also has an Ogg format version of this, avoiding
all the conversion hassle ? It'd seem peculiar to use some Windows
specific format only.