[theora] Lossless Video Codec

Daniel Hendrycks kondo8 at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 9 16:20:15 PDT 2010

Hi, has the subject of creating a lossless video codec been considered? I
know Dirac is available, but it is a hybrid; saving a file and having to
set a compression setting is not very intuitive for a novice.

I suggest a lossless codec for the distant future, an idea of the codec's
name is: FLAV. Free Lossless Agile Video. The goals of it would be:
Provide lossless video, have a reasonable file size and be able to decode
on an average machine. It's obviously slated toward the future, when
bandwidths can actually handle transferring the file.

Why not start a project page?

http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/5953/lossless.png (Zoom Out)
--
Daniel Hendrycks