[theora] Video Comparison

dos386 dos386 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 31 02:49:56 PST 2010

> but most endusers that I have shown the videos, say that there is no difference
> between them. And that is what counts in the end.

Good :-)

> I will, if I find some time (ogg video tools 0.8a is on the way - with
> installers for mac and windows)

Consider 7-ZIP archives also ;-)

> I am actually testing resizing algorithms, what I experienced is,
> that the resizing is a real quality issue

This is "deliberate" ...

> do you use the resizer from ffmpeg?

No. Lanczos is usually the best, but for this purpose I'd suggest [bi]linear
(+ non-integer factor >2) because it blurs more and better removes the artifacts
from previous lossy codec making equal chances for the test competitors :-)

--