[theora] Indexing Ogg files for faster seeking

ogg.k.ogg.k at googlemail.com ogg.k.ogg.k at googlemail.com
Wed Jan 27 14:22:14 PST 2010

>> 1. Make "valid" represent something closer to "useful".  My best
[...]
> So with b_max as 0, your proposed scheme is equivalent to our current
> approach. Good to hear you consider our current indexing scheme
> "something closer to useful".

Parenthetically, I believe bemasc meant that ( the concept of validity
for an index might be better expressed as a concept of usefulness of
that index, as shown by bemasc's b_max (sorry :D) proposal, which
would allow a gradual degree of usefulness, rather than a yes/no
strict validity, ) as opposed to saying that using his suggestion
would make the index closer to something useful. Just because I think
you might have seen this as a judgement on the value of your work,
which it wasn't.