[theora] multiplexing theora videos

Silvia Pfeiffer silviapfeiffer1 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 12 20:40:48 PST 2010

On Sat, Feb 13, 2010 at 2:54 PM, Tom Sparks <tom_a_sparks at yahoo.com.au> wrote:
> --- On Thu, 11/2/10, Silvia Pfeiffer <silviapfeiffer1 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Thu, Feb 11, 2010 at 6:58 PM, Tom
>> Sparks <tom_a_sparks at yahoo.com.au>
>> wrote:
>> > I am looking at something witch is playlist based
>> (CMML/SMIL) to allow other to tell the story from the
>> different camera angles
>> >
>> > the buffering of the video files between the jump is
>> what turn me off using different video clips/files per
>> camera
>> >
>> > currently the panorama aspect looks like it well be
>> put on the back as the viewer are flash based, closed-source
>> and theora is not playable in flash :(
>> >
>> > tom
>> >

>> If you prebuffer the videos, you shouldn't get much of a
>> stalling between files.
>>
>> The biggest challenge will indeed be finding a player that
>> plays back
>> an Ogg file with multiple tracks of video. You might be
>> lucky with
>> vlc.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Silvia.
>>

> i've been reading <http://www.w3.org/TR/2009/WD-media-frags-20091217/#media-fragment-syntax> and the track option looks like an option, but the track feature need to removed from the URI/URL
>
> there also a vtrack option for video tracks and atrack option for audio tracks
>
> <video>
> <source type="video/ogg" src="mymovie.ogg" vtrack="1" atrack="1" />
> <source type="video/ogg" src="mymovie.ogg" vtrack="2" atrack="2" />
> <source type="video/ogg" src="mymovie.ogg" vtrack="3" atrack="3" />
> </video>
>
> tom

vtrack and atrack are not html5 features FAIK. And the <source>
elements in <video> are alternatives to be chosen once at the
beginning of playback.

You might want to check my recent blog post to see how you can
synchronise multiple files together in HTML5:
http://blog.gingertech.net/2010/02/12/audio-track-accessibility-for-html5/
.

Cheers,
Silvia.