[theora] multiplexing theora videos

Tom Sparks tom_a_sparks at yahoo.com.au
Fri Feb 12 19:54:08 PST 2010

--- On Thu, 11/2/10, Silvia Pfeiffer <silviapfeiffer1 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 11, 2010 at 6:58 PM, Tom
> Sparks <tom_a_sparks at yahoo.com.au>
> wrote:
> > I am looking at something witch is playlist based
> (CMML/SMIL) to allow other to tell the story from the
> different camera angles
> >
> > the buffering of the video files between the jump is
> what turn me off using different video clips/files per
> camera
> >
> > currently the panorama aspect looks like it well be
> put on the back as the viewer are flash based, closed-source
> and theora is not playable in flash :(
> >
> > tom
> >

> If you prebuffer the videos, you shouldn't get much of a
> stalling between files.
>
> The biggest challenge will indeed be finding a player that
> plays back
> an Ogg file with multiple tracks of video. You might be
> lucky with
> vlc.
>
> Cheers,
> Silvia.

i've been reading <http://www.w3.org/TR/2009/WD-media-frags-20091217/#media-fragment-syntax> and the track option looks like an option, but the track feature need to removed from the URI/URL

there also a vtrack option for video tracks and atrack option for audio tracks

<video>
<source type="video/ogg" src="mymovie.ogg" vtrack="1" atrack="1" />
<source type="video/ogg" src="mymovie.ogg" vtrack="2" atrack="2" />
<source type="video/ogg" src="mymovie.ogg" vtrack="3" atrack="3" />
</video>

tom