[theora] Bad results, encoding keynote presentation videos

Orton AKINCI aka .-_-. ortonak at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 12 05:57:43 PDT 2010

i had the same issue for my theora videos encoded with ffmpeg2theora using
libtheora 1.1 20090822 with still frames when playing with vlc... still frames
play only for one frame, no matter how long they are... but i do not think that
this is the problem with ffmpeg2theora or libtheora it uses... even though i
didn't check it with latest builds of libtheora, i think  this is the problem
with vlc, not with thora. my videos do play well with firefox... however, when
people download the video and try to play it with vlc, the problem occurs...

i tested your videos and they play fine with both firefox and vlc when
downloaded...

by the way, you can always get ffmpeg2theora builds using latest libtheora from
the link below...

http://www.firefogg.org/nightly/

firefogg always uses the latest builds...

current one uses libtheora 1.1+ 20100314

 .-_-.

http://httpdot.net/.-_-./

From: Michael <racingralph2009+theora at gmail.com>
Subject: [theora] Bad results, encoding keynote presentation videos

The result only plays very buggy - frames are dropped, the video hangs
and vlc can not output the correct length of the ogv video.