[theora] Update on Ptalarbvorm

Basil Mohamed Gohar abu_hurayrah at hidayahonline.org
Sun Apr 11 19:13:03 PDT 2010

On 04/11/2010 08:53 PM, Torrance wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I was wondering if someone closer to the work happening in the
> Ptalarbvorm branch could be so kind as to provide a little update on
> progress? I've heard tidbits from around the web that the improvement
> over 1.1 is at least as much as 1.1 was itself over 1.0.
>
> I know that myself and many others found Monty's occasional updates on
> Thusnedla development to be absolutely fascinating (and no doubt
> raised the profile of Theora too).
>
> Many thanks,
> Torrance
Hi Torrence,

I'm "closer to the work happening" in as much as being a regular
attendee of #theora on the Freenode IRC server.  But I've also been
using the code for ptalarbvorb for many months now in my own projects,
and I can attest to the truth of the claims of improvement in this
pre-release version.  It has been updated regular over this time, but
even in this current actively-changing state that it's in, it's really
great, bringing the performance of libtheora to new levels.

I'll let others elaborate on further details.

--
      Basil Mohamed Gohar
abu_hurayrah at hidayahonline.org
http://www.basilgohar.com/blog