[theora] ffmpeg2theora and VOB files

Jason Self jason.self at gmail.com
Tue Nov 17 07:42:24 PST 2009

> add 3. I am using Kaffeine, first ogv created from first vob on HDD is OK.
> At playing the second ogv file is played only sound.

Sorry: My question was more: What happens when you play VTS_01_2.VOB
(not the encoded copy?)

> add 4. I not use info file

Actually, the --info switch is not a file; it simply makes
ffmpeg2theora print out information about the file in question. Can
you please post the output of --info as requested? The syntax is
ffmpeg2theora --info /path/to/file. FFmpeg has supported MPEG-2
decoding for ages (which I assume is what's in use in the .vob file.)
Since you say another .vob file does work, it might be interesting to
compare the output of the two and see what differences exist.

Also, a small sample of the original .vob might be helpful.