[theora] ffmpeg2theora and VOB files
mar_kor at klikni.cz
Tue Nov 17 07:27:52 PST 2009
On Nov 16, 2009, at 11:05 PM, Martin Korytár wrote:
>/ I am using your ffmpeg2theora for converting VOB files to ogv. At
/>/ converting VTS_01_2.VOB (second file from DVD) theora can not find
/>/ stream, only audio stream.
I use .vob files with ffmpeg2theora all the time and it works fine.
So: Some questions:
1. You say it's the second file from the DVD. Are you trying to do the
encode directly from the DVD? Most DVDs are copy protected, so an
attempt such as that would not work.
2. Assuming that you've found a way to rip the DVD to your computer
first, are you sure that the file in question even has video in the
3. If you're sure it does, what happens when you try to play that file
with something like VLC (http://videolan.org/vlc)
4. What is the output of ffmpeg2theora --info /path/to/file?
5. What version of ffmpeg2theora are you using? And what operating
add 1. Thats are Home created DVDs on my DVD Recorder.
add 2. I am sure.
add 3. I am using Kaffeine, first ogv created from first vob on HDD is OK.
At playing the second ogv file is played only sound.
add 4. I not use info file, but by processing this is showed massage:
Stream #0.0[0x1e0]; Video; 0x0000, 90k tbr, 90k tbn.
add 5. I am using version 0.25 and my OS is openSUSE 11.0
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the theora