[theora] XiphQT pre-release builds

Jason Self jason.self at gmail.com
Fri May 29 22:07:10 PDT 2009

On May 29, 2009, at 12:13 PM, Arek Korbik wrote:

> I'd appreciate any help testing, especially on PPC as I don't have
> access to that architecture anymore. You can find the binaries at:
> http://people.xiph.org/~arek/

I might have an old PPC machine I could resurrect. I'll try tomorrow.
No promises, though, because it hasn't been used in years.

Now, for some testing on a more modern machine, I tried to run this
video:
http://content.stridegum.com/mattsDownloads/Dancing2008_720p.mov.zip

(Actually, it appears to happen with every video I've fed to it; I'm
just providing a reference.)

I got a message that said
Failed: An invalid sample description was found in the movie (-2041)

I've been able to learn two things:
1. If I turn off encoding the sound, it works.
2. This also happens with version 0.1.8 as well, so it's not new to
this version.

I'm doing this with Mac OS X 10.5.7 and QuiickTime Pro 7.6.0 & all
updates applied.