[theora] simple ogg video joiner GUI for windows

Ort Ak ortonak at yahoo.com
Sun May 17 17:10:58 PDT 2009

hi all,

i have written a detailed explanation below bu in short, we need a simple free gui for windows to join several ogg files end by end to make one ogg file out of it for an art project. you can see more explanation below...

i am working on an art projects with some art students called "readymade dictionary of the author: a copyleft crowdsourcing free/open source project" where we shoot people saying just one word to the camera. these words are from famous quotes and once we have all the words shot everybody will be able to make their own quotes out of these by remixing them. it is conceptualized on roland barthes' article "death of the author" and postmodern theories on authorship mainly.

anyway what i need to do is to find free software with a simple GUI for mac, linux and windows that anybody can sequence the theora videos to make a video of their own quote, each of words of which, are spoken by different person. you can check omar fast's "cnn concatenated". ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCD3IxCZpsM&feature=related ) for an example but our version will consist of free/open source videos of single words that anyone can remix to make their own sentences out of them. i will have converted all the videos we shoot to ogg format for students to join them end by end to create their own sentences and they will need a simple free program to be able to do that...

www.media-converter.com does this online. it can join the ogg videos you upload to make them one ogg file. but it would be great to find a program that does it offline on windows, because most of the students do use pc and they are just users, cannot use command line programs (neither can i) ...  for example gfrontend mpeg2theora is great to batch convert the video files to ogg theora but it cannot join/ concatenate / merge the several input files to one ogg file. is there a way (add a simple command on the command line of the GUI) to make it join the input files... our input files will be all ogg theora with same spesifications except for lenght and i think oggcat command does this on linux but we need a GUI for windows to do that. simple theora encoder does it for mac, as i read also   http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Help:Converting_video

so, in short we need a simple free gui for windows to join several ogg files end by end to make one ogg file out of it...

thanx if anybody is interested in to help...

 .-_-.