[theora] vob file with lots of subtitles.

ogg.k.ogg.k at googlemail.com ogg.k.ogg.k at googlemail.com
Mon Jun 15 10:52:18 PDT 2009

> I'm trying to encode a VOB file (from a DVD) with ffmpeg2theora, but it
> have a lot of subtitles (about 26) and I can't find the correct
> --audiostream id to encode the file in my language. I have tried with
> ids from 20 to 40 and so on and all times the audio kbps it's 0. mplayer
> and VLC can play the .vob file without problem and also let me choose
> the audiostream.

If you're trying to get a particular stream, ffmpeg2theora will print
a list of all the streams when starting encoding, along with their
languages, if known.
It's possible that ffmpeg2theora was compiled without support for
the codec used, too.
About subtitles, ffmpeg2theora only supports text ones, but DVD
subtitles are in image form.

If you're on Linux, I'd suggest something like Thoggen, which will
let you choose a particular audio track from a menu, and will
handle multiple VOB files.