[theora] Ogg vs mp3

Jason Self jason.self at gmail.com
Fri Jun 12 16:48:34 PDT 2009

On Jun 12, 2009, at 4:33 PM, dark lord <darklord2007 at gmail.com> wrote:

>> I want to test it but is there any gui available for converting
>> videos
>> to ogg or convert audio to ogg i use ubuntu j 9.04

I believe that there's a CD ripping program included with the default
install of Ubuntu. If not of can be added easily. I believe that VLC
has support for encoding things as well, and I'm sure that other stuff
is is available in their Add/Remove Programs area.

Also, check out handbrake.fr for video encoding. It has support for
Theora/Vorbis, in an ogm or mkv container.