[theora] Safari 4 Plays Theora/Vorbis

dos386 dos386 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 12 05:46:12 PDT 2009

> (1) They can pay royalties, or play legal-dodge ball and gain improved
> compatibility with IE while losing compatibility with Firefox (and
> probably opera).

Heh ??? Can Opera 10b play Theora at all ? 10a definitely can't,
and I don't see such a fact advertised anywhere on opera.com  :-(
There is a years old experimental version (hacked from cca 9.52)
that can play it  __IF__ doesn't crash just at start ... and unusably
buggy with layout of some pages, so the Opera guys seem not that
enthusiastic about Theora video support ...

Also, FF3.5b4 still (?) supports Theora but on their page you can find
a cool "video challenge" supporting WMV + MPG + MOV only, no
Theora at all :-(

--