[theora] firefogg local encode web-app

Michael Dale mdale at wikimedia.org
Sat Jun 6 20:56:43 PDT 2009

the approach we are targeting is frame by frame driven JavaScript
rendering out of video. This lets you do chop and joins by seeking in
the video and playing the proportions you want while frame by frame
putting the output into an ogg file that you can then upload or save
locally.

This adds the benefit of integrating into the DOM model so you can
overlay png's text etc at given times. This enables support for "cat,
cut, join" via simple js scripting while scaling up to support
full-scale css/svg effects & dom overlays on the video.

peace,
--michael