[theora] theora and videopress

shirish shirishag75 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 31 02:39:05 PDT 2009

Hi all,
         In order that theora is the default, there is need for more
and more tools and sites to support it. In that area I came across
videopress in my web wanderings.

http://videopress.com/ which is supposed to be a 'complete video
solution' for putting on the web.

I also saw that videopress has a plugin
http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/video/

The fact that the plugin itself is GPL'ed should be good for many people.

Reading the videopress announcement on wordpress came to realize that
either there is no ogg support or they thought it isn't worth
mentioning.

http://en.blog.wordpress.com/2009/05/11/videopress/ as well as
http://support.wordpress.com/videos/

So is there possibility that this plugin is able to crunch/transcode
to vorbis as well as theora ?

Would be interesting to watch and know if somebody steps up to the plate.

Atleast in India, wordpress has made quite an impression as a solution
for websites.
--
          Regards,
          Shirish Agarwal