[theora] Seamless web video within reach

Michael Dale mdale at wikimedia.org
Tue Jul 28 15:29:48 PDT 2009

I am presently just recommend Firefox over the install process of VLC..
Since if you have to download and go though an install process might as
well be firefox (instead of a plugin)  But if the solution you describes
works pretty well _in a pure in-browser sessions_  then I think it would
be worth while integrating into the library. Or maybe give users a
choice on mouse over?

I also had bad early experiences with VLC. Although it performs better
than cortado in IE in terms of start up-time and overall responsiveness
of the system. The IE activeX seems to crash slightly less than sun java
(at least in my virtual machine instance of windows XP anyway)

--michael