[theora] Does XiphQT plugin work in Safari?

Michael Dale mdale at wikimedia.org
Tue Jul 21 11:21:44 PDT 2009

Thanks for the info. I also meet Eric Carlson at OVA. He was helpful
about xiph qt support and hopeful for the future of html5. I just meant
I should probably file the bug with webKit / apple rather than complain
on the theora list ;)

Yea I can get the ogg theora video to "work" in safari with the xiph qt
component installed. But what I can't presently do is reliably detect if
the component is installed. Any help on this would be greatly
appreciated. Otherwise we have to send the java applet as seen on
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:B-36_bomber.ogg
(or perhaps it works for you and something has already been updated? )

yes we presently have a self-signed applet system the uses the cortado
on xiph.org (if a copy of cortado is not available on the same server
the media is coming from)

peace,
--michael