[theora] Add an intro to a theora file without re-encoding?

Michael Opdenacker michael at free-electrons.com
Mon Jul 20 08:31:42 PDT 2009

On 07/17/2009 05:05 PM, yorn at gmx.net wrote:
> I added a new tool called "oggSilence" (I spend my lunch break for that ;-)
>
> It is not tested completely, but it works for my cases. And it directly produces an ogg/vorbis file.
>
> Just check out revision 66 from
>
> https://oggvideotools.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/oggvideotools
>
> - Yorn
>
> PS: Michael sorry for the double post, forgot to reply to all

Hi Yorn,

I'm trying to compile oggSilence (many thanks, that's exactly what I
need!), but when I run "configure", it seems to be missing some stuff:

checking for THEORADEC... no
checking for THEORAENC... no

This seems to be the reason why "oggSilence" doesn't get
(WANT_OGGSLIDESHOW is then set to false, and the tool doesn't get built).

I seem to have all the required libraries on my Ubuntu 9.04 system, though:

ii  libtheora-bin
1.0-2                                                      The Theora
Video Compression Codec (example encoder, decoder)
ii  libtheora-dev
1.0-2                                                      The Theora
Video Compression Codec (development files)
ii  libtheora0
1.0-2                                                      The Theora
Video Compression Codec

Any suggestion? By the way, why should oggSilence depend on the theora
libraries? Shouldn't it just need Ogg and Vorbis libraries?

Thanks for everything,

Cheers,

Michael.

--