[theora] less change, lower bandwidth demands

shirish shirishag75 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 9 09:30:22 PDT 2009

Hi all,
 First of all kudos to all the developers for taking the efforts to
make theora (an open video format).

I am helping a group of people to get some uncompressed .avi's
transcoded/encoded to .ogg theora.

I was just reading something about the .flv format (the one which is
used in youtube)

"In .flv files the less change there is, the lower the bandwidth
demands & vice-versa"

Now if I know that my videos do not have much moving elements can I
get similar bandwidth savings in theora ?

If yes, how do I go about doing the same.
--
          Regards,
          Shirish Agarwal