[theora] tool roundup for embedding, encoding & hosting

Silvia Pfeiffer silviapfeiffer1 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 8 20:00:24 PDT 2009

On Thu, Jul 9, 2009 at 7:17 AM, Christopher
Blizzard<blizzard at mozilla.com> wrote:
> On 7/8/2009 2:02 PM, Michael Dale wrote:
>>
>> Chris Blizzard was there ever any follow-up on Mozilla side around a
>> making a well designed "make ogg video for the open Internet"
>> promotion/tutorial site?
> It's on our list to help drive along with Mark and some of the PCF
> folks.  We've just been busy with the 3.5 launch and then me traveling.
> (OVC, then california, back to boston, to guadec, finally home in a
> couple of hours.)  It's at the top of my list to wrangle people and
> resources starting next week.  Probably by the end of next week everyone
> will be sick of hearing from me. :)

We had previously started on a site at new.annodex.net, but with the
discussions around ogg.org, stopperd working on it. I have now started
laying it out to be turned into ogg.org if people agree. The site is
based on Wordpress, but uses Wordpress as a CMS rather than a blog.

It is still very drafty, but it is supposed to get all the articles
that Chris Blizzard mentioned in our discussions at OVA. The front
page needs to not display articles but allow people to install for
their platform (which will be behind the button on the top right) and
point to the most important things people will want to do with Ogg:
encoding, publishing, hosting. Then there should be a FAQ section,
which can grow over time.

I want to set it up such that Ogg people can all contribute and it's
easy to add another article, which is why we chose Wordpress.

I went and started doing this since I see the importance of having
this site, but didn't see much else happening. If somebody else wants
to take the lead on this and has better ideas for what to do and how,
please go ahead.

Cheers,
Silvia.