[theora] Encoding QT to Theora

Ralph Giles giles at xiph.org
Fri Jan 9 11:21:50 PST 2009

On Fri, Jan 9, 2009 at 2:14 AM, Laurent Fraisse <lfraisse at gmail.com> wrote:

> We shot with the Red One HD camera so source material is raw. We then
> converted it to edit the shots with FCP.

Nice. BTW, if it does turn out you actually cut in raw,
redistributeable lossless masters for HD content are quite valuable
for (open source) video codec testing and development. If you're
willing to distribute an uncompressed version under a CC license (or
similar) we can probably find hosting for it.

As far as how to do the theora version, I second j's workflow suggestion.

 -r