[theora] online service to host/share theora&vorbis encoded ogg files

David Kuehling dvdkhlng at gmx.de
Thu Jan 8 16:02:54 PST 2009

> hi, i am looking for a free hosting / file transfer service to share
> theora and vorbis encoded ogg videos.

What about setting up a bittorrent tracker, and just posting links to
your .torrent files os some blog or website?  This way you could
practically host files of unlimited size, at constant bandwidth cost.

Well, that wouldn't be completely _free_, but it doesn't cost much to
run a dyndns-enabled host on a standard DSL connection 24/7.  I guess
people in your project already have the required resources (i.e. DSL
flatrate), so what's keeping you from just utilizing that to seed your
torrents :)

And seeding with a swarm of bittorrent hosts behind standard DSL just
somehow fits the 'crowdsourcing' of your project's title.

David