[theora] New release of the Cortado java player

Asimo alvaro.segura at gmail.com
Wed Dec 2 13:03:23 PST 2009

About says:

   This is Cortado 0.5.1.
   Brought to you by Wim Taymans.
   (C) Copyright 2004,2005,2006 Fluendo

   Built on 2009-11-05 20:59:19 GMT
   Built in stripped mode.
   Built from git branch Xiph, revision 0.5.1
   Running on Java VM 1.6.0_17 from Sun Microsystems Inc.
   Using the javax.sound backend.

That's right.

It loads the video but goes almost instantly to the end, like a
super-fast-forward. It is actually 3 minutes long but plays in about 1
second, only showing a couple frames. Well, the numbers at the
bottom-right advance slowly, but the video and the slider control go
straight to the end.

Also, if the video window is resized (applet size != video size) or the
page is zoomed, the image "breaks" with random rectangular areas
appearing misplaced.

The video plays OK in Firefox or Chrome within a <video> element.

Thanks,