[theora] New release of the Cortado java player

Gregory Maxwell gmaxwell at gmail.com
Tue Dec 1 15:28:31 PST 2009

On Tue, Dec 1, 2009 at 6:13 PM, Asimo <alvaro.segura at gmail.com> wrote:
> The version of Cortado available at |http://theora.org/cortado.jar (the
> one suggested at http://www.theora.org/cortado) does not play files
> encoded with the latest ffmpeg2theora (libtheora 1.1).
>
> But a newer version in Wikimedia's SVN does play them fine: 0.2.2-89
>
> Can be obtained here (ignore the garbage and hit download)
> http://svn.wikimedia.org/viewvc/mediawiki/trunk/extensions/OggHandler/cortado_0.2.2-89.jar?view=markup&pathrev=57317
>
> Could someone please update the version in ||http://theora.org/cortado.jar ?

The file at cortado.jar is the most recent release.  Can you provide
an example video that it doesn't play? It plays 1.1 encoded files fine
for me.

Can you be far more specific about "does not play"? How does it fail?
Does the video not start? Do you get colored video snow? Do you get
audio?

Can you provide the cortado version you see from rightclick->about?

You should see:
"Built on 2009-11-05 20:59:19 GMT
Built in stripped mode.
Built from git branch Xiph, revision 0.5.1"

If it says something else then you are using an old cached copy.

The cortado you're linking to is old and has a number of serious know
bugs and deficiencies. (likewise for the one used on the
~oggk/elephants_dream page)

With your help we can hopefully get whatever issue you're seeing fixed quickly.

Thanks!