[theora] Indexing Ogg files for faster seeking

Chris Pearce chris at pearce.org.nz
Tue Dec 1 14:35:08 PST 2009

On 12/2/2009 11:16 AM, Gregory Maxwell wrote:
> Care to build some diabolically wrong test cases?
> I think it's important to have a solid understand how apps fail with
> broken indexes (and how they should behave).

Sure, I'll add it to my ToDo list.

>> We're planning on shipping support for keyframe index assisted seek in
>> Firefox 3.7, which will ship sometime next year.
>>
> Can you provide some more details on the timeline here? When do you expect
> the code will be set in stone?
I'm not entirely sure. I've heard Q2 mentioned, but it may be later. We
don't like to take new features after we've started doing betas, so as
long as it goes in before we start doing 3.7 betas, we can change the
code up until release. We've probably got several months until then.

Chris P.