[theora] Black borders on resized videos

Torrance torrance123 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 23 22:48:44 PDT 2009

Hi,

I don't believe this to be a player problem. The borders appear in
Quicktime (with the Xiph component), VLC, and in Firefox as an html
element.

I've created a (temporary) page with three example videos and the
command I used - each displaying their black boxes.
http://insurgent.dnsalias.org/~torrance/html5_video/

(The videos are hosted on the wee mac mac mini in the corner of my
lounge with a shite connection - so be patient as they download!)

The source videos were all unaltered trailers from http://www.apple.com/trailers
  - and you can see their original sizes in the output I've provided
too. I guess there's the possibility that Apple's h.264 encoding may
be odd in some way. (?)

Again, I am using the latest ffmpeg2theora.macosx binary hosted at http://firefogg.org/nightly/

Thanks,
Torrance