[theora] what you think ?

Mysoogal contact at mysoogal.com
Wed Aug 12 16:46:04 PDT 2009

just have a interesting idea, what do you think

lets say these two lines below represents a muxed single file of audio /
video

              theora             xvid
x264                 theora
                |                |
|                               |
Video ----------20--------------20----------------------20---------

   vorbis
flac                    openAVS

|                                  |
----20----------------------------20--------------------20--- Audio

so now would it be possible to encode selected parts of the video with
different audio / video codec ? lets say the first 20 mints i want to
use theora, and the next 20 mints after that i want to use x264 simply
beacuase maybe x264 handles motion better then theora, and last 20 mints
i want to use, xvid. I'm thinking why not combing these open source
codecs so each one takes care at what it does best some do better at
faster motion changes and some do better with even faster motions. the
same thing with the audio, vorbis and mp3 AAC etc handle parts of the audio.

the important thing to remember about this is somehow to combine all
these encoded parts into a straight line that can be muxed and decoded
through some splitter. I'm thinking about the mkv or ogm but not sure if
they support this type of thing. i can only read that they support multi
added audio but these are all a single straight line encoded outputs.
meanly the audio has been encoded using only 1 format, in my cause it
would be 3 that represents a single audio stream. the videolan media
player supports every major audio video codec, my idea would be very
much close to the play-list structure, take this as a example, you add
many different videos, which have different codecs that are all added
into the play-list, now user takes this play-list and puts it through
the media player and media player goes through the play-list playing all
the video codecs as a single video. I'm wondering if something like that
is possible to have as a splitter.

mysoogal