[theora] Linux Foundation removed all Theora videos from linux.com?

dos386 dos386 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 18 01:33:06 PDT 2009

> Linux Foundation removed all Theora videos from linux.com?
> Can someone confirm this is the case?

I don't see any (accessible) videos there in ... anyone can find some ?

> If so, what were these people thinking?

Everybody has the latest Abode "Flash" installed ...

> You get a WTF award LF, congrats.

+1

" http://video.linuxfoundation.org/contest/winners " wrote:

> Linux AD - What does it mean to be free?

The freedom to depend from crappy proprietary formats and players,
something that no beer in the world can beat :-D

http://video.linuxfoundation.org/video/1106

Here an OGG video is hidden ... below flash and WMV ...

> It's not the only site that [1] allows upload in Ogg/Theora (by far) or
> even the only that [2] preserves it in that format.

"benefit" [1] for the purpose of transcoding into some
proprietary+lossy format is totally useless. ;-)

--