[theora] Linux Foundation removed all Theora videos from linux.com?

Ivo Emanuel Gonçalves justivo at gmail.com
Tue Apr 14 13:00:30 PDT 2009

On 4/14/09, John Abreau <jabr at gapps.blu.org> wrote:
> When i google for linux.com theora, and click on an article in
> the linux.com domain, I find links to ogg theora streams that
> play correctly in Firefox.  So they haven't removed the videos.

Hm, does that mean we have to cancel the stoning?  But everyone loves
a good stoning!  Aww.

The video part of the site barely loads for me.  The server is being
hammered by something.  I did see however a bunch of comments
regarding Ogg files on the sidebar but can't figure the context with
the site dying on me.

Can't find any information on social sites, but then again when do they care?

I do know though that the LF just had a huge contest to create an "I
am Linux" video.  Did they forbid a Theora version of the winning
entry, or something like that?

-Ivo