[theora] Poor encoding quality with etheora and aspect ratio problem

Ribamar Santarosa de Sousa ribamar.santarosa at gmail.com
Sat Mar 8 23:00:14 PST 2008

Manuel,

can you test the version in http://svn.xiph.org/experimental/ribamar/etheora/ ?

The final resolution (Fr) shown by  the mplayer output is the video
frame resolution (fr) multiplied by the Aspect ratio (Ar):

Fr = fr * Ar. This should be the 16:9 or 4:3 final visual you probably
expected to see shown by  the mplayer output. Etheora was doing:

Ar = fr, what led to problems. Now etheora does:

Ar = Fr / fr,  which I expect to led to the correct values, but I may
have missed any test. Can you see (and report) if now it's working?

Thanks for bug reporting.